Lots of people think the uses for ketchup stop at dipping fries, topping burgers, and dunking the kids’ fish sticks. But with its tangy but somewhat sweet flavor, ketchup can be so much more than a basic condiment with just a few uses. Especially when you get a one that’s packed with tomato flavor and has an added kick, like our BarbaCuban Zesty Ketchup. It’s got some heat to it, so it really helps rev up your flavors when you use it as a sauce or secret ingredient.
Here are some recommended uses for ketchup, especially our zesty version.
Good Uses for Ketchup & BarbaCuban’s Zesty Ketchup
- Mix it into ground beef or other meats when making burgers, meatballs, meatloaf, etc.
- Simmer your meatballs in ketchup when you cook them
- Make glazes by combining it with soy sauce, red wine vinegar, or honey mustard
- Turn it into an amazing sauce for ribs, lamb, and more by mixing it with peach jam
- Try this sweet and spicy stir fry recipe (you don’t need the red pepper flakes if you’re using BarbaCuban Zesty Ketchup)
- Combine it with Worcestershire sauce and a bit of lemon or lime juice to make a cocktail sauce
- Blend a little into coleslaw for a unique twist and a pink tinge
- Mix a bit into your tomato sauce for a richer, slightly sweeter flavor
- Add it into your favorite chili recipe
- Use it as the acid and a flavoring agent in marinades (read more about properly using marinades)
- Make homemade salad dressings like Russian, Thousand Island, or Catalina
- Put a tablespoon or two into your tikka masala