Summer meals featuring BarbaCuban flavors are a great way to bring a unique and exotic taste to your dinner table. With dishes like Slow-Cooked Barbacoa Cuban Rice Bowls and Tropical Grilled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, you can enjoy fantastic meals that are flavorful, nutritious, and easy to make. Best of all, these meals can be enjoyed any time of the year, allowing you to experience the vibrant, Caribbean tastes of BarbaCuban cuisine all year round!
Slow-Cooked Barbacoa Cuban Rice Bowls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup BarbaCuban 90 Miles to Mojo Marinade
- 2 lb boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat and cut into cubes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups white rice
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, diced red onion, diced avocado, diced jalapeño, and crumbled queso fresco
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Add the BarbaCuban 90 Miles to Mojo Marinade and stir to combine.
- Add the beef cubes and cook until browned (about 8 minutes).
- Transfer the beef and onion mix to your slow cooker and add the beef broth and white rice.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or until beef is tender and falls apart.
- Once the beef is tender, use a fork or tongs to break apart the beef into small pieces.
- Serve the beef barbacoa over the white rice and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, diced red onion, diced avocado, diced jalapeño, and crumbled queso fresco.
Zesty Fish Tacos
- 4 white fish fillets
- 1/4 cup BarbaCuban 90 Miles to Mojo Marinade
- 8 small soft taco shells
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup BarbaCuban Ram Air Red Zesty Ketchup
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place fish fillets in a shallow dish and drizzle the BarbaCuban 90 Miles to Mojo Marinade over them. Gently toss the fillets to coat in the marinade.
- Place the fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To assemble the tacos, place a fish fillet in each taco shell and top with cheddar cheese, BarbaCuban Ram Air Red Zesty Ketchup, onion, cilantro, and avocado. Serve immediately.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup BarbaCuban 90 Miles to Mojo Marinade
- 2 tablespoons BarbaCuban Havana Gold BBQ Sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls or other hamburger buns
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish and pour the BarbaCuban 90 Miles to Mojo Marinade over them. Rub into the chicken breasts and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts on the preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and spread with BarbaCuban Havana Gold BBQ Sauce.
- Toast the buns on the grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble the sandwiches with two slices of cheese per sandwich and top with the cooked chicken breasts, red onion, and pickles.
- Spread the butter on the top half of each bun, and place the buttered side down on the grill for 30-60 seconds until golden and crisp.
- Place the top bun over the sandwich and serve.