Lots of people think of mustard sauce as just another simple condiment, but it’s amazingly versatile. You can do plenty more with it than top your hot dogs and burgers and dunk your pretzels and pigs in a blanket. So, in case you need some kitchen inspiration, we’ve compiled some of our favorite uses for mustard sauce.
And—even though you might think we’re biased—there’s no better mustard sauce to use than BarbaCuban Original 455 Sauce. Unless, of course, you prefer yours with more heat. Then, go with BarbaCuban All Purpose Hot 455 Sauce, which is the same mustard sauce made spicier with some extra smoked ghost pepper. It’s got a nice, slow burn, but it’s not so crazy spicy that it numbs your mouth or prevents you from tasting your food.
Good Uses for Mustard Sauce & BarbaCuban Original 455 Sauce & All Purpose Hot 455 Sauce
1. Use it to make a rich, flavorful vinaigrette
2. Glaze chicken, steaks, lamb chops, pork loins, ham, sausage, salmon fillets, tuna steaks, or just about any other meat, poultry, and seafood
3. Add a bit to your béchamel and other cream sauces to give them more acidity and depth of flavor
4. Mix it into your mashed potatoes (and sprinkle some crumbled bacon in, too)
5. Put some into your scalloped potato topping
6. Stir it into steamed muscles (go for beer-steamed muscles)
7. Blend it with mayo and herbs to make a great dip for raw veggies or a sauce for cooked ones (try it on roasted Brussels sprouts)
8. Let it serve as the acid and flavoring agent in a marinade (and take a look at our tips for using marinades properly)
9. Fold a little into ground beef, ground turkey, or other ground meat when making meatloaf, burgers, etc.
10. Add it into mayo-based salads like potato salad, pasta salad, and egg salad
11. Try this recipe for mustard spaetzle
12. Mix it into barbecue sauce for a uniquely flavored condiment or sauce… or, better yet, just pick up a bottle of our mindblowingly delicious BarbaCuban Havana Gold BBQ Sauce